- Makes 4
- Prep time
- 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Cooking time
- No cooking required
For the strawberries
- 250g / 9oz strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
For the shrikhand
- 250ml / 9fl oz Greek-style yoghurt
- 4 cardamom pods, cracked and the seeds removed and crushed
- pinch saffron strands, soaked in 1 tbsp boiling water
- 3 tbsp fine caster sugar
- 25g / 1oz flaked almonds, toasted
For the strawberries, place the strawberries in a bowl with two teaspoons caster sugar and the balsamic vinegar. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate for one hour.
For the shrikand, place the yoghurt, cardamom seeds, saffron (and saffron water) and caster sugar into a bowl and mix well.
To serve, place equal portions of the strawberries into four sundae glasses. Place a quarter of the shrikand on the top of the strawberries in each glass.
Top with the toasted almonds.