Sausage, chicken and squash traybake
Serve the Hairy Bikers' easy sausage traybake with a big pile of wintery greens, such as Savoy cabbage. Optional chilli flakes will counter the maple sweetness.
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 4–6 meaty pork sausages
- 500g pumpkin or squash, cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- few sprigs thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50ml red wine
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped, to serve (optional)
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Arrange the chicken thighs (skin-side up), sausages, pumpkin and red onions in a roasting tin and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the thyme and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the oil.
Mix the red wine with 100ml/3½fl oz of water and pour this in. Roast for 30 minutes. Turn the sausages over halfway through cooking to help them brown.
Mix the maple syrup with the red wine vinegar and then drizzle it over the roasting tin. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes, if using. Add the mushrooms and drizzle with another tablespoon of oil.
Roast for a further 25–30 minutes, or until cooked through and well browned. Serve with any pan juices spooned over, sprinkled with parsley if using.