We’ve given this timeless classic a bit of a boost with some fiery Tabasco and a hit of chilli. A bit retro maybe, but we love a good prawn cocktail and always have done.
- 500g frozen Atlantic prawns, defrosted and drained
- 150ml ready-made gazpacho
- 150ml crème fraiche
- 1 shallot, very finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 8 dashes of Tabasco
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 baby gem lettuces, shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and flesh sliced
- 4 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 4 large cooked prawns, heads and shells on
- fresh coriander sprigs
Mix together the prawns, gazpacho, crème fraiche, shallot, tomatoes, chilli, radishes, coriander, lime juice and zest in a bowl until well combined. Season with the Tabasco and add salt and black pepper to taste.
Divide the shredded lettuce between your serving dishes. Arrange the avocado slices on top, then spoon over the prawn cocktail mixture. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and garnish each serving with a prawn and a sprig of coriander.