Serves: 12 (167 calories/portion)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
- 200g self-raising ﬂour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g golden caster suga
- 100g blueberries
- ﬁnely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 50ml sunﬂower oil
- - - -
- Lemon icing
- 100g icing sugar
- 4–4½ tsp fresh lemon juic
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Line a 12-hole deep muﬃn tin with some non-stick paper cases or folded squares of baking parchment.
- Sift the ﬂour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl and stir in the sugar, blueberries and lemon zest. Make a well in the centre.
- Beat the eggs with a large whisk until smooth, then beat in the yoghurt, milk and oil until well combined. Stir into the ﬂour mixture with a large metal spoon until very lightly mixed.
- Working quickly, divide the batter between the paper cases. Bake in the centre of the oven for 16–18 minutes or until the cupcakes are well risen and golden brown. Transfer them to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To make the lemon icing, mix the icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth and runny. Using a spoon, drizzle the icing over the cupcakes and leave to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.